How to Make a Delicious Smoothie Bowl
We all know and have grown tired of those Foodie trends that we see too much. I'm looking at you, Pumpkin Spice Latte.
And then, there comes a time when a food trend surprises you. Left and right you see Instagrams filled with really beautiful and flavorful combinations. Seeing smoothie bowl after smoothie bowl gets you excited to eat, instead of yawning at yet another pumpkin spice recipe.
Yes that's right, I am so PUMPED about the rise of the smoothie bowl. Here's why & how to craft your own:
Why the smoothie bowl:
1. Just like a normal smoothie, smoothie bowls take little-to-no-planning and are easy to pack in tons of vitamins, nutrients, fiber, energy, etc, to fuel your healthy body.
2. Unlike a normal smoothie, a smoothie bowl has your favorite assortment of toppings you'd like to add for extra texture and flavor.
Now here's how to make your own:
1. Start with your favorite smoothie recipe. Here's my favorite.
If your recipe tends to be thinner in consistency, thicken it up by removing a little bit of the liquid and "pulse" while blending.
2. Once you have your tasty smoothie, place in a bowl and add your desired toppings.
My favorite toppings are berries, granola for some crunch, seeds, nuts, yogurt, nut butter, etc. Get creative with it!
The smoothie bowl below was made as follows:
Smoothie Base: 1 c frozen spinach, 1 banana, 1 orange, 1/3 c frozen watermelon, 1/3 c frozen mango
1. Blend first 3 ingredients together until creamy.
2. Add frozen fruit and blend "pulsing" until fully mixed.
Toppings: Chia Seeds, Almonds, Fresh Kiwi, Banana, Blueberries, Orange Zest, Plain Greek Yogurt, & Pepitas
3. Add desired toppings and enjoy!
Now that you know why & how to make a smoothie bowl, make your own, and be sure to report back and show us all how delicious it was!
What's your favorite smoothie recipe?
Do you like the smoothie bowl trend?
If you loved this recipe, don't forget to pin it for later!